LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA interface dynamic does not connect with FPGA interface based Vi

Hi all,

I have to use a vi (using an FPGA interface in in its inpouts), in an other Vi (which call directly FPGA Dynamic ( when i opened FPGA reference and configure with an FPGA vi or a bitfile the FPAGA interface take dynamic by default)

but i cannot connect the two vi by they FPGA references (plz see picture).

did anyone had had this problem before and what is the solution for that?

Regards,

SASA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,197 Views)

Hi SASA,

use a typedef for your FPGA reference. Use that typedef in your subVIs and in the OpenFPGARef function call ("Bind FPGA host reference to typedef")…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,191 Views)

GerdW wrote:

use a typedef for your FPGA reference. Use that typedef in your subVIs and in the OpenFPGARef function call ("Bind FPGA host reference to typedef")…

Using a Dynamic FPGA Reference is now considered preferable to using a type definition.

You need to modify the FPGA Reference control on the subVI to accept a dynamic VI reference, which you can do by right-clicking on it, then configuring it to accept a dynamic reference containing the controls, indicators, and methods that the subVI accesses on the FPGA.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,175 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you.

it works with your solution, but it create another problem with another vi (see picture).

Regards,

SASA

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,132 Views)

Hi SASA,

you need to use that typedef in each instance you operate on this FPGA ref…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,122 Views)

OK, i got the point, but the solution that 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,117 Views)

Hi SASA,

nathan's solution is proposed for current LabVIEW versions. As I'm limited to LV2011 I cannot comment on this one.

Edit/Correction: Even LV2011 has this "Dynamic FPGA Interface Cast", but I didn't use it so far…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,110 Views)
Sorry, it's not a right click option. Instead you should create a control or indicator from the dynamic FPGA reference wire, or use the Dynamic FPGA Reference constant and change it to a control as explained here:http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599K-01/lvfpgahosthelp/fpga_dynamic_host_interface/
Note that you can make the dynamic reference a type definition which may be helpful if you're using it in multiple places.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,100 Views)

i got the point, just creat controls on the FPGA interface wire and configure to use dynamic mode.

but i saw in the link that its a help page for LV 2014. is it working for LV 2013 i'm using ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,082 Views)

nathan, can you please see the picture attached, it describe that i cannot find  the dynamic box in the configuration

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,072 Views)