LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Waveform Acquisition cRIO Template & Shared Variable Engine

I'm trying to implement the LabVIEW FPGA Waveform Acquisition and Logging on cRIO template in LV2012sp1 onto a  cRIO-9002. 

• I've followed the Project Documentation guidelines for "Adapting This Sample Project To Your Hardware", and then I compiled and ran the "FPGA Main.vi" without errors. 
  • As described in "Running this Sample Project", I've edited the "Configuration File Generator.vi" and I've generated the Config.xml file and placed it in the project as shown.

lvproj.png

• When I try to run the "RT Main.vi" as described in Running this Sample Project, an error is produced: Shared Variables deployment failed (error: 1967357949... Unable to query MAX for Shared Variable Engine. Make sure the Shared Variable Engine exists on the RT target..."  As I review the related forum posts,  most problems seem to be related to version mismatches and such.  Looking at my software install in MAX, it appears that I have the necessary shared variable engine components are are being suggested as potentially problematic.

sw wizard.png

So I'm stumped as to how to proceed and the documentation guidelines do not address this issue at all.  I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Greg R.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,292 Views)

Hi Greg,

Have you tried reformatting the RT controller? This might work since we are dealing with the SVE not being recognized. There is also a possibility that since your NI-9002 is an older device the drivers are having compadibility issues. Let me know if the reformating helps.

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,259 Views)

Thanks Ryan,

I reformatted the RT and reinstalled software to the cRIO.  Unlike previously, this time I specifically identified add-in components, including the Network Variable Engine and the Variable Client Support (which the first pane in Add/Remove Software seems to indicate is already on the RT).  So the installation is completed... Now these components (Network Variable Engine & Variable Client Support) are listed in MAX cRIO/Software (unlike previously).  So this is an improvement. The Shared Variable deployment is now successful along with many other componets, but deployment now hangs on:

Failed to load shared library lvanlys.*:DotProduct_head:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target.

The process of identifying the specific needed software components to load, out of a myriad of possibilities, is indeed not clear at this point. Perhaps this is documented somewhere in the template lvproj that I'm trying to implement...

Greg R.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,246 Views)

Hi Greg, 

Can you send a screenshot of the message? We have seen a similar issue in the past and it usually just requires a software repair. Try doing a repair on LabVIEW and installing NI-RIO 12.1. I just want to see if this changes the behavior at all. Thank you for your patience as we figure this out. 

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,239 Views)

Here's the deploy:

Initializing...

Calculating dependencies...

Checking items for conflicts. This operation could take a while...

Preparing items for download. This operation could take a while...

Deploying Shared Variables.lvlib

Deploying NI_Real-Time Target Support.lvlib

Deploying Message Queue.lvlib

Deploying NI_AALPro.lvlib

Deploying NI_AALBase.lvlib

Deploying NI_PackedLibraryUtility.lvlib

Deploying NI_FileType.lvlib

Deploying nisyscfg.lvlib

Deploying Shared Variables.lvlib:Actual Loop Period\\192.168.0.2\Shared Variables\Actual Loop Period deployed.

Deploying Shared Variables.lvlib:Buffer Backlog\\192.168.0.2\Shared Variables\Buffer Backlog deployed.

Deploying Shared Variables.lvlib:Contiguous Memory\\192.168.0.2\Shared Variables\Contiguous Memory deployed.

Deploying Shared Variables.lvlib:CPU Usage\\192.168.0.2\Shared Variables\CPU Usage deployed.

Deploying Shared Variables.lvlib:Drive Space\\192.168.0.2\Shared Variables\Drive Space deployed.

Deploying Shared Variables.lvlib:Number of Data Files\\192.168.0.2\Shared Variables\Number of Data Files deployed.

Deploying Shared Variables.lvlib:System Time\\192.168.0.2\Shared Variables\System Time deployed.

Deploying waveform01.lvproj

Deploying Hank(successfully deployed target settings)

Deploying NI_PackedLibraryUtility.lvlib:Get Exported File List.vi (8.90 K)

Deploying Clear Errors.vi (3.99 K)

Deploying DialogTypeEnum.ctl (2.00 K)

Deploying FindEmptyElement.vi (6.87 K)

Deploying Error Cluster From Error Code.vi (37.48 K)

Deploying niLvFpga_Run_Dynamic.vi (11.47 K)

Deploying DialogType.ctl (2.00 K)

Deploying Watchdog status enum.ctl (2.00 K)

Deploying NI_Real-Time Target Support.lvlib:RT Get Number of CPUs.vi (4.29 K)

Deploying TagReturnType.ctl (2.00 K)

Deploying Open File+.vi (21.16 K)

Deploying NI_AALBase.lvlib:Real Dot Product.viNI_AALBase.lvlib:Real Dot Product.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.

LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library lvanlys.*:DotProduct_head:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.

Deployment completed with errors

--

Greg R.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,233 Views)

Hi Greg,

Were you abe to attempt and repair LabVIEW and update NI-RIO to 12.1? By the way, which version of LabVIEW are you using? 

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,211 Views)

After proceeding through the RT deployment errors and then adding the missing software components one by one, the deployment now completes without errors.  When I run the UI Main.vi, connection to the controller fails:

UI Error -314004 - Create Network Stream Writer Endpoint in UI - Initiate Connection.vi->UI Main.vi

In UI Main.vi the "Controller Address" must be specified.  I'm providing the IP address, but it does not seem to matter what address I use, or even whether the cRIO is even on...

Greg R.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,205 Views)

Did you try the repairs like I suggested?

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,186 Views)