LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Loop not executing

Solved!
Go to solution

This seems to be my week end for dumb problems. Here is another one. I built this loop to run on an FPGA. For some reason it will not run. Can anyone see an obvious reason for that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,936 Views)
not opening in LV 8.5, can you save it again LV 8.5 or give the snapshots of block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,908 Views)

Here it is in 8.5.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,897 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mittleiderj

Make absolutley sure the global STOP is false before the loop runs.  Personally, i never want to stop FPGA loops so i always wire a constant.  If Digital Data is ever FALSE you will be stuck forever as the inner while loop relies on the global stop or what appears to be a shift register comparing to >100, but you never increment the value.  I hope this helps, one of these is probably the issue.

Michael.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,894 Views)
when opening error msg come "memory or data straucture corrupt" ..... cannot open block diagram. you can share the snapshot of vi if possible. one more thing are you getting an error msg when going to run fpga vi or it just run and stopped immediately.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,889 Views)

Michael78,

Of course you are right. The loop in the Digital Data On/Off false case never gets incremented and so never finishes. This is kind of screwy code and I'm now thinking a complete restart is in order.

Now I get to wait 3 more hours of compiling to find out if it works.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,879 Views)

No, you can run  your fpga code in simulation mode (just go and right click on fpga module in your project, there is a option of running vi , select the simulation on development PC option, i am not remembering the correct phrase but you can pick from the hint i given. but then you must shift your RT vi to the 'Computer ' option in your project.

by this you can run your fpga code to get its logic checked without going into the lengthy compilation process. after finalizing your code check out the sim option and shift back your vi to RT cont option.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,847 Views)