LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP table updates then empties?

Here is a try with a zip folder

-still didnt seem to work i think im still dealing with this maybe your familiar with it, here is an email i got from one of the NI web engineers:

Hi Russ,
Thanks for reaching out. I just heard back from our vendor. Turns out there was a database change on their end that caused this issue. We maintain a list of words that we will not allow to be posted to our community and from past spam attacks, many of the characters in the words were Latin characters. Unfortunately those characters were replaced with question marks when this database change occurred and was therefore acting as a wildcard... resulting in blocking just about every word imaginable. So so sorry for the major inconvenience last night and today. 

I've taken temporary actions to fix the behavior and our vendor is working on a long term fix.

(775 Views)

Going to try this witha photo and then maybe someone can tell me what in my logic is making it overwrite the previous entry's information. It happens everytime i press the run button, but it only overwrites the previous runs data and inputs it's own data.

Updated rev 2.png

(753 Views)

Can you try posting the VI to the forum again? Hopefully the upload issues have been resolved since last week.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(709 Views)

it still overwrites the previous iterations data, i'll try and upload it again now.

Thanks you, Da-Coder

(695 Views)

still wont let me upload 😕

(694 Views)

@Da-Coder wrote:

Going to try this witha photo and then maybe someone can tell me what in my logic is making it overwrite the previous entry's information. It happens everytime i press the run button, but it only overwrites the previous runs data and inputs it's own data.

We cannot tell much from the code image, because we don't know the values in the various wires.

Still, it seems you have 80% too much code and some quite questionable constructs:

• Do you assume that the FOR loop stack on the left executes before the while loop? Since there is no data dependency, while and FOR loops will run in parallel.
  • Also the "reinit to default" of the stop button executes in parallel. Most likely you want it to init before the while loop starts, right?
  • Why don't you use a latch action button and associated event for the stop button? No property nodes needed.
  • Again (on the left inside the FOR loops), property nodes execute top to bottom, so you probably want to set the active cell first, before defining the width and height.
  • What is contained in the array diagram constants on the very left? If you want to apply it to all cells and headers, set the active cell to [-2, -2]. No loops needed!
  • Why do you write the same diagram constant to the "schedule" indicator NxM times on the left. Once is probably enough! (move it out of the FOR loops!!!)
  • The Outer FOR loop inside the event structure serves no purpose.
  • You can wire the numeric directy to the case selector and make one case "1" and the other the "default". No "equal 1?" needed.
  • What's up with all these value property nodes? Where is the terminal (If you cannot use the terminal, use a local variable!)

There are probably plenty of other problems in the other event cases and other parts of the code that we cannot see. These are all deep cracks where bugs can hide unseen. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(691 Views)

Trying again to upload vI.

(648 Views)

@Da-Coder wrote:

Trying again to upload vI.

If the browser you are using does not work right, try a different one.

Firefox works perfectly fine for attaching VIs.

There is no reason for such difficulty when including a VI attachment.

Message 18 of 22
(631 Views)

Here is a try with FF i have already tried chrome and Iexplorer.

(626 Views)

and here is a try with dolphin

(621 Views)