From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i probe an image on the front panel

I have a vi that is acquiring an image from the camera. When it is done running, or when it is still running, I want to be able to click on a section of the image on the front panel to use as a reference for the next image that I acquire. Basically I just want to be able to click a pixel on the image on the front panel and have that pixel location and value be output somewhere. How can I do this. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,206 Views)

What kind of picture control are you using?  Is this IMAQ?  You can build in your own code to get information like pixel location, but what do you want done with it exactly?  Load it into the clipboard?

You can capture mouse down events on the control using an event structure.  I'd start there.  Then you can use property nodes on the control to extract information about where the mouse is, but again that all depends on the type if picture control being used.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,195 Views)

yes it is IMAQ. I would like the pixel location loaded as an input for the next section of of my vi, or it could be loaded into some sort of indicator, which i could extract data from. I did not know you could capture mouse down events. never heard of that ill google around.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,188 Views)