LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP Get Image Invoke Method Problem

I am having trouble with the Invoke Method FP Get Image (I discovered the problem by trying to use the Report Generation Toolkit -> Append Front Panel Image to Report.vi).  I am trying take an image of the entire Front Panel (not just visible) and write it to a word report.  I have software that did this beautifully in LV 8.2.1, but I recently upgraded it to 8.5.1 and it no longer works correctly.  I have attached an image to illustrate the problem.  You can see that most of the front panel exists in the image, but I have an array of XY graphs that only exists as seen on the visible front panel.  I have tried explicitly setting the option to image the entire front panel with the same results.  I dont understand how the other parts of the front panel (the numbers for each graph exist as a table of strings and are overlayed ontop of the graph, there is also a summary graph on the bottom left as well as some text on the bottom right; all of this shows up even though it is not on the visible front panel).  If anyone has seen this or something similar I would love to hear how you handled it.

Thanks!

Message Edited by jmcbee on 06-20-2008 12:32 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,523 Views)

I have seen similar issues (non-visable object images) on and off through various version of LV and its getting better.

Work-arounds I'd try are;

1) Do an invoke node get image (make sure you use an element of the returned output cluster to enusre LV does not optimize it out) on the object that is not showing.

2) Defer.FP.Updat T/F since a the defer forces an updated (since 6.1?).

3) Hide/show object that needs refreshed.

So anything that effectively "jiggles the handle" has worked in most situations.

If these don't help please post a dumbed down example that demos this so an AE can confirm and file a CAR.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 11
(3,490 Views)
Hello Ben,

I appreciate your help.  I tried to jiggle the proverbial handle with no luck.  I am going to work on a simplified version of my problem so that I can post it.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,448 Views)
Alright.  Attached is a simplified version of the issue I am having.  I have contacted NI via phone support and an AE is working on it.  However I am open to any suggested fixes or workarounds as I need to get this software back up.  Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,445 Views)
Hello.  I have built a simplified version of the software that shows the problem I am having.  Please feel free to take a look and make suggestions for either a fix or workaround.  I have been in touch with an AE via phone support so NI knows about and is working on this problem.

Thanks!

I apologize for the double post, having some internet issues at work and I didnt think the previous post had been sent.

Message Edited by jmcbee on 06-23-2008 09:56 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,443 Views)
Hi Jmcbee,

We tested this out at NI and this is a CAR. We are in the process of filing the CAR and I will update you with the  CAR number when it is done. Thank you for feedback on this! Its truly appreciated.
Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,413 Views)
SubVI missing.
George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,400 Views)
My apologies.  See the missing Sub VI attached below.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,397 Views)
Hi Jmcbee,

I was able to replicate the problem without the sub-vi since we just created our own example. The CAR ID is 117602.
Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 9 of 11
(3,378 Views)
By resize the front panel and/or force redraw, I was able to capture the whole front panel.  See attached zip file.

George

George Zou
Message 10 of 11
(3,361 Views)