From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIR filter with zero phase (no phase shift)

I would like to implement an FIR filter without a phase shift. I  am thinking this might be achieved by generating forward and reverse  co-efficients from the FIR and then feed that into the zero phase filter. But ideas on how to implement this will be appreciated.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,317 Views)

Finite Impulse Response filters have --

Wow, A Finite Response -ooh. So, they will need to collect and process the input data in (well, a "Finite" manner!) 

Those finite (Known) parameters may be Known!  See CA for that! 

Now, can you give data inputs and desired outputs?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,288 Views)

Like this? AFAIK a fir filter is just a specific kind of convolution. The coefficients used to convolute are not specific to LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,269 Views)

Interesting reply with wow's and  oohs!.  Just found a solution else where. Thanks 🙂

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,261 Views)

It would be useful if you post a link, description, or anything about your solution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,251 Views)

It's a MATLAB solution, not sure it helps here. Anyway the syntax is  Filtfilt(Fir). Perhaps you can help further by providing the labVIEW equivalent, but since I can't find the labVIEW equivalent, my team chose to go with MATLAB 🙂

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,249 Views)

It will help someone someday. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,245 Views)

Absolutely. Unfortunately not all responses are helpful 🙂

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,242 Views)

Sad that nobody spent 2 minutes to look in the palettes.  It took me less than 30 seconds to find this VI in the Signal Processing->Filters palette: Zero Phase Filter VI.  It looks like it behaves exactly like that Matlab function.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,239 Views)

Thanks. I am already aware of the zero phase filter vi ( I actually hoped some of the first responders would have atleast mentioned that and then more :))

I guess what I need to know is how to generate and feed in the forward and reverse co-efficients to the zero phase filter vi. Possibly from the outputs of an FiR filter.  I am not sure the  MATLAb function is just a zero phase filter function. It looks like zero phase filtering done after applying an FIR filter. I also observed that labVIEW seems to have edge effects here the first one or two points greatly differ from the original function ( similarly the last two points)

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,233 Views)