LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIR filter with zero phase (no phase shift)

I would like to implement an FIR filter without a phase shift. I  am thinking this might be achieved by generating forward and reverse  co-efficients from the FIR and then feed that into the zero phase filter. But ideas on how to implement this will be appreciated.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,264 Views)

Finite Impulse Response filters have --

Wow, A Finite Response -ooh. So, they will need to collect and process the input data in (well, a "Finite" manner!) 

Those finite (Known) parameters may be Known!  See CA for that! 

Now, can you give data inputs and desired outputs?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,235 Views)

Like this? AFAIK a fir filter is just a specific kind of convolution. The coefficients used to convolute are not specific to LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,216 Views)

Interesting reply with wow's and  oohs!.  Just found a solution else where. Thanks 🙂

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,208 Views)

It would be useful if you post a link, description, or anything about your solution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,198 Views)

It's a MATLAB solution, not sure it helps here. Anyway the syntax is  Filtfilt(Fir). Perhaps you can help further by providing the labVIEW equivalent, but since I can't find the labVIEW equivalent, my team chose to go with MATLAB 🙂

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,196 Views)

It will help someone someday. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,192 Views)

Absolutely. Unfortunately not all responses are helpful 🙂

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,189 Views)

Sad that nobody spent 2 minutes to look in the palettes.  It took me less than 30 seconds to find this VI in the Signal Processing->Filters palette: Zero Phase Filter VI.  It looks like it behaves exactly like that Matlab function.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,186 Views)

Thanks. I am already aware of the zero phase filter vi ( I actually hoped some of the first responders would have atleast mentioned that and then more :))

I guess what I need to know is how to generate and feed in the forward and reverse co-efficients to the zero phase filter vi. Possibly from the outputs of an FiR filter.  I am not sure the  MATLAb function is just a zero phase filter function. It looks like zero phase filtering done after applying an FIR filter. I also observed that labVIEW seems to have edge effects here the first one or two points greatly differ from the original function ( similarly the last two points)

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,180 Views)