From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Data between cursors

Hello, here I have an XY graph that displays X values and 3 different Y values for each X. I am able to graph the matrix just fine, but now I am needing to insert two different cursors, and want the program to be able to take the information in between those two cursors and write it to a different file. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,928 Views)

You can use "cursor -> Position -> X" property

xy.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,907 Views)

What would the flat sequence consist of? I'm not entirely sure what to do from that point on. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,900 Views)

You need to find in the data array the elements (indexes) that lie between these X.
I do not have your data, so I can not say more precisely. The Threshold 1D Array function may be suitable.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,887 Views)

@Artem.SPb wrote:

You can use "cursor -> Position -> X" property

xy.png

Note that you could use the Swap Values function instead of the case structure,

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,876 Views)

Okay, I have this much. Now how am I supposed to connect to the Array Subset Function. I have attached my VI and data that I'm pulling in case it can help in you assisting. The general idea for this VI is that I am supposed to graph all these points, and have these cursors for when the user wants to save the data in between the cursors, he will be able to by hitting the save button. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,861 Views)

It seems that you are not trying to do something

sub.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,846 Views)