LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export a graph at high quality

Have you any suggestions on how to create a figure with high resolution (DPI) from a graph? 

I observed that exporting to eps, the figure is too large, when I convert it to to a jpg (I am using ghostscript). Se

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,975 Views)

DPI only has meaning when you print it on paper. If you view the image on a screen at 100%, you will see it pixel-for-pixel. You can modify the image's DPI in a program like Photoshop without changing the pixels, but the EPS should be just fine. Honestly if you want high quality, don't rasterise it (and certainly don't use JPG compression).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,941 Views)

It's not clear what you want to achieve here...

You don't need to convert to eps to save to jpg, simply use get image method and save that pixmap to jpg (or better: png). LabVIEW's eps files are simply bmp's stored in eps, so you don't gain anything by storing as eps, there won't be vectors inside of them.

To get more pixels, simply make the graph bigger before getting the image, or make a bigger (off screen) graph and get it's image...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,921 Views)

Copies of screens shouldn't be coded as jpg if png is available 🙂

Real high quality would be a vector based coding like svg, but I never tried to create it with LV. (maybe LV (data) to gnuplot ?)

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,914 Views)

Well you can't really get any better image than LabVIEW exports unless you draw your own graph in Excel.

I recommend the XLR8 plug in it gives a lot more control and offers better Excel graphing capabilities than the LabVIEW Report Generation toolkit or as you see exporting a chart image. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 5 of 8
(3,894 Views)

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Documents/Interface-to-Graphics-Layout-Engine-GLE-to-create-publi...

That looks promising but no vector formats:

http://advancedplotting.github.io/docs/guide/start.html

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,872 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

Well you can't really get any better image than LabVIEW exports unless you draw your own graph in Excel.

I recommend the XLR8 plug in it gives a lot more control and offers better Excel graphing capabilities than the LabVIEW Report Generation toolkit or as you see exporting a chart image. 

I'll try that library at some point, would definitely solve some problems.

But would it help creating an image that's not in an Excel report? Excel was not mentioned before, although I guess it is an "export" format.

I've exported graphs before as vector drawings in PDF. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,864 Views)

And good old gnuplot has been making images from data for more then 3 decades.

Message 8 of 8
(3,863 Views)