LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel page opens when accessing from Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

I have used the Excel Report genertor toolkit with Labview 2014 to access client files for verification after a barcode scan.

This has worked fine whilst client used Office 2003 but now with Office 2010 when the check takes place the Excel program is loaded and page appears on user screen before closing after Labview program has scanned the data.

The scan etc still works fine but it is distracting when the Excel file loads momentarily and wonder if there is a method to prevent this page appearing?

Labview Version 8.5
Labview Version 8.6
Labview Version 2014
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,142 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jack1

If you had attached your VI, I could have checked it and verified the setting that I believe you omitted.  So you'll have to do the work yourself:

1. Open your VI.
  2. Look at the first RGT function that you use.
  3. Right-click it, choose "Help" from the drop-down menu, and carefully read the description.  You may not want to choose the Defaults.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 6
(2,119 Views)

Thanks Bob,

Missed that one and think I get the gist, attached segment of code with the Windows option which I guess should have be either minimised or normal? will check tomorrow if on the right track,

Thanks again,

Labview Version 8.5
Labview Version 8.6
Labview Version 2014
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,112 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jack1

Hint:  "Normal" is the default (which means it's what you get when you don't wire something else).  So if this is the "magic option", then "Normal" is wrong.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,108 Views)

Thanks Bob,sorted 'No Change' guess its obvious really .........

Thanks again,

Jack

Labview Version 8.5
Labview Version 8.6
Labview Version 2014
Message 5 of 6
(2,093 Views)

Ha!  You taught me something -- I'd never tried "no change", reasoning that if I wanted the most "minimal" (i.e. no) window, I should choose "minimized" ...

All's well that does what we want ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,081 Views)