LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel ActiveX Object Location

Hello All,

I'm having trouble finding the correct object to manipulate Excel sheets in LabVIEW.  I've created VI's that will find data in Excel sheets and then export it but now I need to go the other way and import data into Excel.  One of the things I need to do is run a macro in the Excel workbook to format all of the graphs but I can't figure out how to get the correct "Property Node (ActiveX)" block in my VI.  

I know my starting point is the (1) "_Workbook" VBProject block but I don't know how to get it.  When try to select the correct property I get no options (2).  I tried changing the reference but I can't find the Excel ActiveX Class Library in the list.  Does anyone have information on how I can go about accessing the needed properties in the Excel ActiveX Library?

LV2.JPG

LV.JPG

LV3.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,893 Views)

Just click the drop down menu and select the Microsoft Excel object library, which gives you access to Excel using ActiveX.

MS Excel ActiveX.png

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 2 of 4
(3,876 Views)

P@Anand,

I didn't have the Excel Object Library listed under the drop-down.  Upon browsing I was looking for an Excel OBJ or DLL file which would import it in but it doesn't exist and you actually have to select the EXCEL.exe file to get access to the Object Library.

VI.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,855 Views)

@DrNO23 wrote:

P@Anand,

I didn't have the Excel Object Library listed under the drop-down.  Upon browsing I was looking for an Excel OBJ or DLL file which would import it in but it doesn't exist and you actually have to select the EXCEL.exe file to get access to the Object Library.

VI.JPG

What you write makes no sense.

I asked you in the other thread which version of Excel you were using, and you did not answer.

I asked you for a VI of your work, and you did not answer.

I question whether you actually have a valid installation of Microsoft Office.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,840 Views)