LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running parallel emergency routine with the main vi using labview 2010

I have written a program for generating a ramp signal with start/end value and given rate. There are around 80 digital inputs to be monitored when the program is running.

Since ramp generation samples are generated in milliseconds and the digital inputs emergency routine is running in parallel, there is a jerk in sample generation.

How do I solve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,893 Views)

Any code? (I can see <=2011 or snippet)

What is your hardware?

Is on board regeneration mode for analog output on? Example in Help -> Find examples. There will be no jerk in sample generation.

It is also possible (depending on hardware) to do triggered start of generation and digital acquisition

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,858 Views)

I am using digital input card PCI 6511 and for generating analog output PCI 6255.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,829 Views)

Sorry, for analog output I am using PCI 6733.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,822 Views)
Why won't you post the code as requested? A parallel loop with digital acquisition should not affect a loop with analog generation.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,806 Views)

There will be jitter in digital inputs reading, but not in generation.

To sync them... it depends on the application. You can use one of the 6255 DIOs as an output - to trigger its regeneration and simultaneously (programmatic control) start DIO. With this hardware DIO and AO sync can be only programmatic,

We need more information on sync requirements to be more specific.

PS. Technically if you use 6255 only (80 AI channels + 24 DIO, all with hardware timing) instead of 6511, you can sync tasks on hardware level. But 80 voltage dividers...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,769 Views)