LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examples using NI-9775 with cDAQ chassis

Where I can find some examples on how to use NI-9775 with a cDAQ chassis (not cRIO).

I can't find them in Example Finder; it can be that I must search them using a different key..

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,242 Views)

Looks like this module is only for c RIO.

The NI 9775, a 4-channel digitizer, can measure transient phenomenon like faults in electricaltransmission lines from lightning strikes or structural failure events at 20 MS/s/ch. Themodule's store and forward architecture allows up to 128 Mbits of measurement data to be sentback to the controller and analyzed. The module has a built-in analog reference trigger, or youcan use CompactRIO and LabVIEW FPGA to develop an advanced trigger based on low-speed streaming data for added flexibility.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,223 Views)

I'm not sure about it, for a couple of reasons:

Where did you find that info?

Thanks

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,213 Views)

Did you ever get an answer to either of your questions (either the original or the follow-up)? We are looking to use the NI-9775 to repeatedly capture high speed data and save that data to a file for post-processing. I'm hoping there is an example of someone doing this out there. Did you ever get your project started?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,398 Views)

Hi @EricWilliamsEPT,

I've never received any answer

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,377 Views)

There are examples installed with the CompactRIO and drivers.  Does not install in the 64-bit version of LabVIEW.  But if you open the 32-bit version and look for 9775 you should find:

lroshak_0-1663971306124.png

The path is Toolkits and Modules->FPGA->CompactRio->Analog Input.

Just registered that you have a cDAQ chassis.  Let me check if I can find anything.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,923 Views)

Same idea as the cRIO, but in the DAQmx section of the help:  Browse Task.

Hardware Input and output -> DAQmx -> Analog Input....

Analog Input - Filtering.vi calls out NI 9775 support.

I did not have a module but created a simulated cDAQ-9185 added the NI 9775 and ran it in continuous.  Seems to match the documentation on streaming 4MS/s max rate in continuous mode. 

lroshak_0-1663977296768.png

In finite mode all channels can be captured at 20MS/s/ch but the buffer is shared so you are limited to a total of 8.38861MS/s for 1 ch and 8.38861 / 4 MS/s .

lroshak_1-1663977484113.png

Attached my modifications to the standard example.

Message 7 of 7
(1,891 Views)