LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone can give comments on my proj

Greetings,
I am still new in this labview so pls everyone who is real good in labview pls comment on my VI. If you want to edit the VIs go ahead but i need those displays to be there in the front panel.I need a lot of comments.Your assistance will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(3,554 Views)
Your VI looks pretty good for a newbie. I've seen some experienced people produce VI's of lesser quality. A couple of things I saw were that you had a hidden wire in the True case, the structure border hid the wire from the boolean constant to the write file. Also, you took the output of a switch control, converted into an array, then used the boolean array to number function. With only on element in the array, this conversion to array and then to number is useless, you will never get a number 2 case. Besides that, it looks OK.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(3,519 Views)
Besides what tbob said, using the LabVIEW Stop and Exit fucntions can be a very poor way to stop your program. As an example, if the Stop/Exit is executed while in the middle of some file I/O, you could end up with a corrupt file. If you add some hardware I/O, other problems might occur. You might want to look at using an event structure for all those front panel controls and doing an orderly shutdown. Also, with your one loop for opening Excel, the app is continously opening and closing. Why don't you put the whole thing in the case statement?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,516 Views)
Some comments in addition to those of tbob and Dennis. First of all, in your Excel loop do you really want to print the same file multiple times until you press the print button again? I suggest using an event structure to capture the pressing of the Print button and then execute the appropriate code to read and print the file.

Also, you have individual stop buttons for each loop. Using a single STOP button and passing the button status to the other loops will help with performance of a controlled shutdown as Dennis suggested.

One other thing that I noticed is that you're using two indicators to show the RPM. You could achieve the same results by right clicking on the RPM Guage and selecting Digital Display under Visible Items.

In general your program looks good. Just be careful about hidden wires or wires which are going the wrong way.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,499 Views)
Greetings,
I still dont really know to use a event and case structure so guys can you all show me instead..Real sry abt it. Thanks you.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,479 Views)
Greetings,
I still dont really know to use a event and case structure so guys can you all show me instead..Real sry abt it. Thanks you.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,478 Views)
Hi Keeper,

Good job for a newbie!

I ran your VI through the VI Analyzer Toolkit to check for all the common LabVIEW programming recommendations. I attached the exported result (see Result.htm). Notice that most comments are recommendations and not requirements.

And no - this is not a new service to all customers... I simply wanted to show the power of the magnificent VI Analyzer Toolkit.

Keep on Wiring!
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
Message 7 of 20
(3,479 Views)
...aaaaand here's the Result.htm.

Sorry!
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(3,482 Views)
Greetings,
Thanks you for the VI Analyzer Toolkit thing. But i still dont understand what the few guys meant early on. All your help will be appreciated if anyone can show me what they meant in the above. Thanks you.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,141 Views)
Event structures are essentially designed to capture and queue user events and run the code inside the structure based on the event captured. There are a number of shipping examples which demonstrate the use of these structures. Go to "Find Examples" under the Help menu and search for Events.

After reviewing these examples if you have specific questions please feel free to post back here.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(3,457 Views)