LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event structure with indicators

I want active the event with indicator, this beacause I am using a floating window where I change the datas and send it to main front panel, and I need active the event structure when the values change, I can't change the case structure by the main VI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(764 Views)
Message 2 of 5
(746 Views)

Also take a look at the fllowing document on recommendations when using events:

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview/page/lvhowto/caveatsrecmndtnsevnts.html#:~:text=Avoid%2....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(735 Views)

As a 'rule of thumb' of event structures for beginners - an event should only be defined by a "user event."  Meaning the user did something.  If the data changes due to things you're monitoring - that should NOT trigger an event.  But a new state of a 'state machine' or queue up a case of a data handler.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(713 Views)

@BaSs_Garrido wrote:

I want active the event with indicator, this beacause I am using a floating window where I change the datas and send it to main front panel, and I need active the event structure when the values change, I can't change the case structure by the main VI.

Pass control references of the controls (or indicators) on the main's FP. Then use a value (signaling) in the sub VI.

Alternatively, the floating window could be just a front panel (no loops, event structures). The main could start it and the main could register for it's (control) events.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(664 Views)