LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event case controlled by DAQ

Hello everyone,
I would like to control an event case with a digital input from the DAQ, so that when the input is at 1 the event case is carried out.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Niccolò

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,150 Views)

Try using User Events to trigger an event whenever you receive the DAQ Input as 1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,144 Views)

thanks for the reply, hob just tried but it still doesn't work

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,138 Views)

Please do share the one which you tried, so that we can suggest you to get your problems resoved

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,129 Views)

What DAQ are you using and what is your goal?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,088 Views)

If you have a board that supports it, then you can use the Change Detection Event.

The Example finder has "Voltage (with Events) - Continuous Input.vi" for voltage input. For digital events, the structure is similar. Something like below to start

mcduff_0-1680551275866.png

then wire the dynamic event registration into the Event Terminal, then make the corresponding event case

Message 6 of 9
(1,079 Views)

I tried to create a User Event and use it to activate the Event Case.

I'm at the beginning of Labview I don't know if it's right. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,039 Views)

I'm Using the DAQ NI 9375 and I would like to use my input as an event case activation

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,038 Views)

Hi nick,

@nick1607 wrote:

I tried to create a User Event and use it to activate the Event Case.

I'm at the beginning of Labview I don't know if it's right. 

You did it wrong…

I recommend to learn from the example VIs coming with LabVIEW, found in the example finder!

You need to enable user events in your event structure and you need to register the user event for that event structure!

(Why do you need an event to put some data into a queue? Why not do this in your DAQ loop?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,027 Views)