LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error7 occurred

Hello All,

I have a software that written by a supplier and there were some issues with the global destination path for one of the cards. I have the full project so I did fix the problem and I saved all. After built a new installer and application and everything goes good to complete the built. I installed the new installer and an error 7 message popped up. In the attachment you will find a snap of the error message that I am getting. Can any one help me please with this? Thank you all for your time.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(2,831 Views)

Hi Ziad,

Can you provide us with the part of the VI where you build the file path ?

My guess is that you use the "Current VI's Path" VI without removing the VI name before building the rest of the path. At least that's what I understand from the error I see.

Thanks.

CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(2,826 Views)

Do you mean a snap for the project building specifications? , Sorry I am new and self learning LabVIEW and this is a huge software with more than 100 VI's

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(2,807 Views)

I'd attach Main.vi and CRCCOL Shunt Calibration Global.vi, the VIs that were running when the Error occurred.  Be sure to attach VIs, not pictures -- we need to "see it all".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(2,800 Views)

here are they

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(2,785 Views)

In CRCCOL Shunt Calibration Global.vi, what's the output (value) of this subVI ?

Path.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(2,781 Views)

I almost hate to say it but.......

CCCROL and CRCCOL makes me think there is a typographical error.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(2,778 Views)

Ooooooh, sneaky one...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(2,773 Views)

So what should I change ? Where did you find the typographical error? I know everything is saying CCCROL but the call of this file is written CRCCOL. Please check the attachment snap.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(2,767 Views)

I think it is just a guess from Jeff. We looked at the path given on your error screenshot where you can find both CCCROL and CRCCOL. So either there is a mistyping of something, either you build the wrong path. In any case, LabVIEW cannot locate the file...

To find out the source of that error, can you please send us the Paths.vi or at least tell us what is the path it outputs when Configuration Path is selected ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(2,763 Views)