LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with standrd icon while building application

Hello, LabVIEW community!

I've got a strange error while trying to build an app: error related with default icon association to my app.

I'm not an expert with LabVIEW ... still this seems strange to me (I'm running LV under admin rights; this icon is actually in place; I've tried to point to another icon in build options but get the similar error message)...

Could you, please, advise what is this attributed to and how this could be resolved?

Thanks,

Greg

Strange_Error_while_build_applicationStrange_Error_while_build_application

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,764 Views)

This is something that shouldn't happen. Something went wrong, and it's going to be hard to reproduce.

Did you get a good build at first? I'd delete the build destination directory. Sometimes a build gets corrupted in a way that a new build fails.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,732 Views)

Start with this article: The Icon "lvapp.ico" Could Not Be Written to the Application

I recently ran into this with LabVIEW 2016.  The build process did not like something I did over the years (likely driver updates).  I ended up throwing out a lot of HAL code and replacing it with PPLs I had built for other applications.  This made the build process a lot faster, the application files were a lot smaller, and the build worked.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 3
(1,710 Views)