LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when using Deploy.vi

Hi,

I am trying to programmatically build and deploy an executable file to my RT. I get through the build stage but once the program arrives at the Deploy.vi, i get this error. I am not sure exactly how to get around this problem. I have searched to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Thanks!error.PNGwa.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,276 Views)

Hey Muri777

Try to remove any unwanted spaces in the file name.

The following characters should not be present in any file name: \ / : * ? " < > |

This error could also occur if you specify a file name without a drive path inside a file path entry. You need to make sure that your drive path is included along with your file name (i.e. C:\filename or E:\filename).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,226 Views)

Hi

I have tried this. The problem seems to be deeper because the Build VI uses the same base and it builds fine. I am not sure what else it could be. Hopefully someone from NI can help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,214 Views)

Is it really the project file you should deploy?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,203 Views)

Yes it is the only lvproject file there (: the Build function just before it works fine. Only the deploy doesnt work

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,198 Views)

Have you reviewed this post?

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-Real-Time-Failed-to-Deploy/td-p/1575882

How Can I Verify That My DLL Is Executable in LabVIEW Real-Time on NI PharLap ETS?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0BF52E6FAC0BF9C286256EDB00015230

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,188 Views)

Thanks for the replies.

I can deploy to the RT manually by clicking the build specification in the LabVIEW project and clicking deploy. But when I try to do it programmatically it doesnt work. I have reviewed the links you have posted and they are not useful to me 😞 😞 😞 does anyone at NI have any idea why?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,176 Views)

Here at NI we know that this error can happen for two main reasons:

1. If you have named your executable or RT application with an invalid filename character such as a carriage return or any of the following characters: \ / : * ? " < > |

2.  This error can also be caused by VIs that are located on a network drive or spread across several different drives on the computer.  Move the files to a single local drive and place them in the same directory, or mount the network location to a local path and the build should complete successfully.

Message 8 of 12
(3,166 Views)

Hi again,

The path to the RT and the project does not have any illegal characters. I have changed the name file to pure text to no avail.

And the VIs are all located in the one main folder together so that cant be the problem either 😞 are these the only two causes?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,147 Views)

so i can produce this (kind of) error on demand:

i have a test-case vi, where i use a vi that communicates via queue, which is non existent for this test, so an error is thrown from Enqueue Element, that looks like yours (except for filenames).

In this case it is the empty queue reference that is input into "Enqueue Element".

could this be happening for you too?

regards jwscs

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,137 Views)