From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Real-Time Failed to Deploy

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using LabVIEW 2010 Service Pack 1. I have a Remote System, connected via the network, to a PXI-1044 chassis running the Real-Time OS. We are using a PXI-8186 Embedded Controller. Enclosed you will find a screen shot of the error message along with all of the code that I am testing. My test software communicates with the Condor Engineering CEI-830 ARINC card.

When running from the LabVIEW project file, everything works great. The builds are successfull. When I attempt to Deploy it, I get:

Initializing...
Calculating dependencies...
Checking items for conflicts. This operation could take a while...
Preparing items for download. This operation could take a while...
Deploying ARINC CEI EXE Test.lvproj
Deploying AWB-chassis-upstairs(successfully deployed target settings)
Deploying ARINC CEI RT(failed to deploy)
LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
=========================
NI-488:  Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge.
Deployment completed with errors

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,792 Views)

My zip file was too big. In the process of down sizing it and replacing it, I somehow lost the screen shot and put the zip file in twice.

Here is the screen shot of the error message.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,791 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill in Phoenix

Just a long shot but I wonder if this might have something to do with your arinc dll.

Have you made sure that it is rt compatiable and included as an extra file in the rt installation?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0BF52E6FAC0BF9C286256EDB00015230

Message 3 of 8
(4,781 Views)

The tool does indicate that over half of the functions are BAD. I will contact the manufacturer.

It would help the user if NI were consistant on how things work. (ie. if it is not good enough to deploy, then it should not work using project) Just saying.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,777 Views)

Yup, you are not the first to mention this...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,774 Views)

Bill,

Did you find anything out when talking to the manufacturer? I am having an identical issue, and I am also using ARINC drivers. However, mine do not say they are bad when I run it through the DLL checker utility. I do get a lot of stubs, but nothing is bad. Were you able to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,752 Views)

Yes, it seems that I need to have 1 more dll included. The Arinc VIs have library calls to cdevlrt.dll so that dll is automagically included. That dll references cvi_lvrt.dll . Since the build does not know about it, you must include that as part of the build. To do that:

In the Project Explorer window,

under your real-time system,

add the file cvi_lvrt.dll,

under your Build Specifications,

right click on your Real-Time Application,

select properties,

select Source Files,

under Project Files,

select cvi_lvrt.dll,

select arrow to put the file under Always Included.

That solved my issue. If you still have issues let me know and I will attempt to help you.

Message 7 of 8
(4,749 Views)

It worked. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,732 Views)