LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code database is password protective without putting a password!!!

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using LabVIEW 8.6.1. Everyitme I use the "find and replace" option selected from the edit menu I get the notification "error Code database. vi is password protected...", please see the full message on the attached screen capture. I have never put a password. Can somebody suggest why this is happening and advise how to stop it. The skip option works however I don't want this inconvenience.

Thank you in advace

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,029 Views)

Hi thorfano,

is this  subvi from you? Maybe it's from NI and they use sometimes a password.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,025 Views)

Hello Mike. Thank's for your response. I am not sure if I gave you understand what I am doing. In a vi that I did by myself I select "find and replace"choice (from the "edit"of labVIEW menu) and looking for a text that exists in my vi. e.g SP O2%. Then the message sent before appears. What I am doing has nothing to do with the "error code database vi" at least I can't see the correlation. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,018 Views)

Hi thorfano,

it's definetely a vi from NI. It's the database for all those error messages and hidden somewhere in the "general error handler" vi.

You probably used this (or any other related function) in your vi hierarchy and so the search also tries to access this function when searching for text...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 11
(4,014 Views)

Thanks Gerdw for your reply. Thus, you say its normal to get this message and I can't do nothing (rather than select "skip") to prevent message apperance. Am I right?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,005 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LW42

If you only want to search in your current VI then select that as scope. If you want to search in all VIs loaded into a particular instance I do not think you can avoid that stupid dialog currently.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,988 Views)

rolfk wrote:

If you only want to search in your current VI then select that as scope. If you want to search in all VIs loaded into a particular instance I do not think you can avoid that stupid dialog currently.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Isn't there a 'Ignore VI.lib' Setting for that dialog as well?

That should help.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,965 Views)

Ahhh yes, that seems to be a feature since LabVIEW 8.0.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,957 Views)

Good morning,

Thank you all for the help, the choice "ignore vis in vi.lib" is ticked (selected) and I wonder why it doesn't work. I checked and found that the "error code database vi"is inside the vi lib as expected. I also checked if somehow the "error code database vi" is present in another location in my computer, nothing found. 

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,933 Views)

thorfano,

add a Kudos and perhaps a comment to this LabVIEW Idea.

Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
Message 10 of 11
(3,913 Views)