cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error caused by remote control?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I just got some great help here, and everything was working.  However, now when I run the code, I get Error Caused By Remote Command on my meter (Agilent 34461A).  However, when I run in the debug mode by  clicking the light bulb, this error doesn't happen.  

The change I made was that I initialized the measurement outside of the while loop so that I didn't have to initiialize it for each iteration and I added a Read?

Any ideas why this would cause this error?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,556 Views)

_natalie_ wrote:  However, when I run in the debug mode by  clicking the light bulb, this error doesn't happen.

That points to a race condition with the instrument.  Try adding a wait right after your initialization.  Something like 10ms will likely fix it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,551 Views)

I tried that, but it isn't working.  I put it in right after the measurement initialization.  

It is also doing it in the debug mode.  It happends right after the Read?.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,529 Views)

Oh and I should add that the code keeps running and recording the current.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,527 Views)

And it only happens on the first iteration.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,516 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _natalie_

After reading through the manual some, I found that you actually want to use "CONFigure:CURRent:DC" for your setup command.  Apparently, the MEASure system causes a read to happen.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 7
(5,506 Views)

Thanks again!  

I would never have thought of that, but now I won't make that mistake twice 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,501 Views)