From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Importing Library to LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am trying to import library provided to by company we purchase instrument from. I used the tools -- import -- Shared library but i get this error (picture attached). Can anyone suggest any possible solution to resolve this issue.

TIA 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,188 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HamzaZG

That library seems to use specific LabVIEW datatypes in its C interface. It would seem strange that a company writing such a DLL doesn't provide a LabVIEW library to interface to this DLL. That is unless they created this library in LabVIEW, in which case they should also have the original VI library they used to create this DLL.

The Import Shared Library Wizard was explicitly not created to import DLLs that use LabVIEW specific C datatypes, since that is pretty useless. It could be done but will require manual work to create the VIs that call these DLL functions. And to get that right will require some good C programming knowledge.

Instead ask the manufacturer for the original LabVIEW library that was used to create this DLL!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,121 Views)