From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code from NI-6561 Self Test

I recently had a HD failure on one of my instrument computers and had to reinstall labview from scratch. I had all my VIs backed up and have made been able to get my 6703, 6221, and 6713 cards to work just fine. However, my PCI 6561 card fails the self test in measurements and automation window and gives.

The device self test has failed. The error report from the device driver is as follows:

Error -239021 occured at Self Test

Possible Reason(s):

Internal Hardware Error occured in MIG hardware. Please contact National Instruments Support

Any help would be incredibly useful. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,798 Views)

Griffin,

which version of NI HSDIO did you reinstall?

We recently released NI HSDIO 1.6 to support the NI PXIe-6544 and 6545 in addition to the other HSDIO devices such as the 6561 and its available for download from: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/sb/navsRel/lang/en?q=6561&x=0&y=0

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,794 Views)
I have 1.6 currently installed. The card is recognized fine, but fails the self test.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,781 Views)

Hey there,

Two things you can try:

1. Try the card on the different computer and see if it passes self-test there.

2. If that works then re-install the driver in the old compute. (This should fix the problem)

If neither work go to this link and a create the RMA may be your card is broken.

Good luck 🙂

-lab

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,764 Views)