LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code -1073807343 during VI Development - Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to develop a VI to read values from a pressure sensor and save them to a text/CSV/etc file. In doing so, I am getting an error from a VISA Configure Serial Port.vi. 

I have re-downloaded all NI-VISA related files, installed them, and restarted my computer. I am still getting this error out and can not figure out why it exits.(Error Code -1073807343 - Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->ALICAT Controller Initialize.vi) - See the .png files attached for more clarity.

I have gone into the VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi file and made sure errors are ignored in the 'instr' block. However I am still getting an error message saying an input into that block is occuring. Am I missing something?

Do I need to have the actual Alicat pressure sensor connected to my computer to run the VI? If so, I assume it may be my serial-USB converter cord however I wanted to ask this question here before I order a new converter cord/re-install cord drivers.

I know this question has been asked a lot on here, and apologize for any redundancies. Please let me know if I did not include enough context. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,329 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author johnm8285

This Error will get generated when the resource/Device is not connected.You cannot a configure a device without connecting to your Computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3
(2,247 Views)

Thank you! My cable was at fault. I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,212 Views)