cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 88710 with DAQ NI USB-6343 on Labview 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

after some 10 years of honorable service (literally several hundred sessions with different computers, windows versions earlier than win10, and PCi DAQ boads) a VI that I use for continuous unsupervised data acquisition (typically for 48 hours) has stopped working.

In particular, after less than 1 hour, the VI stops and issues the error message

Error -88710

Possible reason(s): The specified operation cannot be performed because a task is in the process of being aborted or a device is in the process of being removed from the system. Wait until the abort operation is complete and attempt to perform the operation again.

This has now occurred several times on a brand new PC with Intel i5 processor, disconnected from internet, with plenty of RAM and disk space, WIN10, Labview17, a USB3 port and a NI USB-6343 DAQ board. I should add that there are (rare) times the VI runs smoothly also on this computer with this same setup, so this is not some trivial incompatibility issue.I also tried with a different USB3 port: same issue.

Did something similar happen to anybody, and if so, how did you manage to fix the issue (if you did ...)?

I would rule out issues with the code because, as I wrote, this has always worked fine. 

Could it be an issue with WIN10 handling the USB connection with the DAQ board? Or withe the DAQ board itself?

Honestly, I don't know where to start from for troubleshooting, so any hint/suggestion will be precious.

Thanks in advance to those who will help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,524 Views)
Solution
Accepted by FabiolaDelaCueva

Check your "Power" settings.  If the program runs "unattended" for long periods of time, be sure that Windows isn't set to "sleep" or "hibernate" after, say, an hour of no keyboard or mouse action (the signal that there's a Human Being (or a cat) interacting with the machine.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,499 Views)
Solution
Accepted by FabiolaDelaCueva

Yes. The power manager is shutting down the USB power to conserve energy.   This is the default setting for any energy star compliant PC.

Use the device manager (from the control panel) to change this windows setting. 

Likely, your app works fine! Windows is getting in the way. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,497 Views)