From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the robot arm model i built can't hold position, why?!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. The problem i encountered is simulation/software only, no hardware attached at all. I used labview 2013 robotics module.

The problem is like this: i built a ".wrl" robot arm model with solidworks, imported/built the model as the instructed here(http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14133/en/#toc4), and i added 6 joints as hinge, made sure every component is connected, and then built a new robotics simulation project, with a scene made out of this robot model plus only a bare plate.

However, when i set the angles of each joint with "move servo.vi", the robot moves, but also trembles +fluctuates in the final position, which is not what i expected. How can i make it static and still in the final position? Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,181 Views)

Sometime when tackling "something new", it helps to take small steps.  Try making a one-joint robot and see if you can get a stable Servo system.  Then gradually add additional joints.  Note that you haven't given us any indication of the nature of your model, nor provided any evidence that you "know what you are doing" (some Forum participants attach code to show us, particularly when things don't work right, so we don't have to "guess").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,149 Views)