LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 8 when saving to external hardrive on cDAQ-9137

Hello all,

I am trying to set up a cDAQ-9137 for continuous data capture and logging. I have an external USB hard drive attached to the cDAQ. However, when I try to output a file to the harddrive, it gives me an Error 8:

"LabVIEW:  File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.
=========================
NI-488:  DMA hardware error detected."

When I save it to the cDAQ's built in memory, it works. I've attached an image of my labview block diagram. How do I change permissions on the USB hard drive? I can access the cDAQ both through the web browswer and through putty.

Thank you,
Abe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,540 Views)

It is not by chance a USB drive with a "write-protect" switch on it?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,525 Views)

Ben: No, this is a fat32 usb drive.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,515 Views)

Do you have permissions set? What OS are you running on the 9137, Windows or linux? Are you writing to a subdirectory?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,501 Views)

mikeporter: my cDAQ is using linux. I can access it through the web browser, and through putty. Through putty I set the ownership of the external hard drive to lvuser, but I am still getting the permissions error. Is there another way to set folder permissions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,493 Views)
No other way I can think of. What exactly have you set the permissions to?

Can you read from the drive?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,486 Views)