LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing DLL

I am unable to import a dll file, and am given the attatched error. 

There are four header files, which should contain the information required to wrap the functions in the dll. The primary header file appears to be rpc.h. There is no include statement in rpc.h, however.

In order to rectify this, I created a header file whose only purpose was to reference the other four header files (inc.h), and used it when prompted for the header file. This gave the same error.

The way that the wizard was run:

R11ComLib.dll was chosen as the library, rpc.h chosen as the header file, path was chosen such that the destination contained the four header files.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(3,786 Views)

Can you upload the header files to a reply here? That would help a lot with debugging. It's possible there's some symbol you need to define in order for the parser to succeed in finding the functions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(3,763 Views)

yes, here is a compressed file containing the header files that I have available

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(3,757 Views)

Could you attach it as a more-standard ZIP, rather than 7zip, so I don't have to install additional software to open it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(3,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(3,749 Views)

Can you also share the header file that you created? My guess is that either you're not including core/api/types.h, or possibly that even if you are including that file, the parser doesn't like an enumeration as the return type. You could alternately try defining FDD_RESULT as "int" within the import shared library wizard and see if that helps.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(3,721 Views)

Ok, here is the header that I created, though it does not include types.h. I will include it and try again.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(3,688 Views)

Any luck getting it to import after you added types.h?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(3,640 Views)

I was able to import 1 function out of the 183

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(3,636 Views)

Are you still trying to get this working? Which function imported properly? Have you considered skipping the Import wizard, and configuring everything manually? It's not that much work, especially if you don't need to call too many functions in the library.

Unfortunately, there's nothing more I can do to help without more information. When I try to load your inc.h file, the import wizard stalls out at the page for defining include paths, perhaps because I don't have the DLL.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(3,631 Views)