LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 3001, 3DGraph ActiveX control

Hi I think I will become mad soon. I am programming application and I just add a 3D Graph. In the initialization process I set some parameters of it. When I open project, and run the top vi once everything works fine. When I run it again I get this error:

Error 3001 occurred at ActiveX Automation Not Implemented

I tried everything. I replaced the graph control with new one. That helped until I saved the top vi and run it again then the error appeared again.

I even tried to simplify my code with the aim to find where the problem could be. I was able to erase everything (code/controls…loop) except for the 3Dgraph and it's property node that causes this and I was still getting the annoying error. But when I saved this remaining code and run it again it worked as expected with no error. I repeated it many times and I was not able to figure out where is the problem.

Have anybody encountered this error? In addition the control behaves a little bit strange since sometimes the control appears out of the ActiveX container.

Thx a lot

LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,043 Views)

I did a search for your error message and no match was found.

The code that you attached is not what you are referring to, is it?

R

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,035 Views)
Hi Joe, the code I attached is the rest of the code that still caused the mentioned error until I saved it. After saving it started to behave as expected. I also didn't find any description. I don't want to upload the whole application since it has about 150vis and I don't want to share it.
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,030 Views)
So this is a sub-vi, right?

Do I understand correctly that you're no longer having a problem?

R
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,025 Views)
No, I still have the problem in my application. Whatever I do, if I resave the code, recompile I still get the error as described above. The error occurs when I try to set some property of the 3Dgraph. But for some reason when I erase most of my code and save the rest when I open it the error is gone but I am not able to figure out what caused the error. The attached code is what was left when I erased everything from my application and this piece still caused the described error….until I saved it. I am sure that it's not related to programming - since I don't have any open references and so on.
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,010 Views)

This was the most difficult error I have ever encountered. It took me nearly three days to solve it. Finally I have to admit it was all my fault.
I have a vi that before the application runs it reads  values of saved controls from ini file and updates those ctrls according to it(UI_INI_ReadFP). When quitting other vi saves these values into file(UI_INI_WriteFP) - to make it really simple I just get all FP controls names and values via method and I filter those that aren't important for me. I didn't filter out the 3D Graph control. So what it did was that during initialization it loaded the reference number, like 0x55600002, from the ini file(the file was written when the application was quitting during the previous run) and assigned it to the 3Dgraph control. It worked if I run the application for the first time. When I quit it and run it again it tried to assign the same reference number again which wasn't obviously possible but it didn't appear until I wanted to change the properties of the 3DGraph.
Grrrrr!
I wish I could rate myself with five stars 🙂

LV 2011, Win7
Download All
Message 6 of 10
(5,001 Views)

I got into a habit while raising my son that when ever I he would do something stupid and hurt himself I'd tell him "Don't do that!" I found myself doing the same thing last week while remodeling and I busted my head open on an old ventilation duct. So...

Don't do that!

Ben

PS your wish has been granted.Smiley Wink

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 10
(4,997 Views)
Thx Ben! And I promise that I won't do it again!
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,992 Views)
It's hard to admit it but I did it again. For those who encouter this error it is just simply caused by inproper reference, for instance now I forgot to send the reference of the 3D grapf into consumer loop where I was doing some computation and visualisation. Cheers
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,895 Views)

This was the most difficult error I have ever encountered. It took me nearly three days to solve it. Finally I have to admit it was all my fault.
I have a vi that before the application runs it reads  values of saved controls from ini file and updates those ctrls according to it(UI_INI_ReadFP). When quitting other vi saves these values into file(UI_INI_WriteFP) - to make it really simple I just get all FP controls names and values via method and I filter those that aren't important for me. I didn't filter out the 3D Graph control. So what it did was that during initialization it loaded the reference number, like 0x55600002, from the ini file(the file was written when the application was quitting during the previous run) and assigned it to the 3Dgraph control. It worked if I run the application for the first time. When I quit it and run it again it tried to assign the same reference number again which wasn't obviously possible but it didn't appear until I wanted to change the properties of the 3DGraph.
Grrrrr!
I wish I could rate myself with five stars :smileyhappy:

Kudos from me! I just did essentially the same thing to myself. Thanks goodness I found this tread. Thanks for saving me three days.

I have a very generic util VI that will go through a list of VIs and save all the controls to a binary file, then it reloads them on the next launch. I didn't want to customize and start filtering controls, so I tried initializing the control (ActiveX container) back to default after it had been restored and this seems to be doing the trick. Phew.

Randy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,591 Views)