From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2147312566:: Excel 2013, LV2015

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I know this topic has been discussed long time ago. I have tried the solution, but it didn't work, and i have no idea how to proceed.

My Testsystem has:

- LabVIEW 2015 SP1+Report Generation Toolkit

- Office 2010

My PC has:

- Office 2013

When i execute this VI:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\examples\Connectivity\Excel\Excel - Write Table.vi

My Testsystem has no problem. It works well.

My PC said:

activeXerror.png

Our IT would probably update Office 2010 into Office 2013. I have been fighting with this issue since 1-2 days with no result.

Could anyone please tell me what i should do to solve this issue?

THanks,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,626 Views)

@rajamodol wrote:

Hi everyone,

I know this topic has been discussed long time ago. I have tried the solution, but it didn't work, and i have no idea how to proceed.

My Testsystem has:

- Office 2010

My PC has:

- Office 2013

When i execute this VI:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\examples\Connectivity\Excel\Excel - Write Table.vi

My Testsystem has no problem. It works well.

My PC said:

activeXerror.png

Our IT would probably update Office 2010 into Office 2013. I have been fighting with this issue since 1-2 days with no result.

Could anyone please tell me what i should do to solve this issue?

THanks,

Rajamodol

All the Google searches I have done on this error indicate that not only is it not a LabVIEW error - and not even a MS Office-specific error.  Rather, it seems that this is a generic error that has something to do with .dll registration.

Being that it does seem to be a LabVIEW tool kit that is prodcuing this error, maybe it needs to be repaired?  Maybe the wrong version of the tool kit is installed?  (It doesn't look like an English install to me.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,607 Views)

@rajamodol wrote:

My Testsystem has:

- Office 2010

My PC has:

- Office 2013

When i execute this VI:

When I first read this, I thought "Oh, it's a problem with Office 2013".  My Work PC  has Windows 7 (x64), Office 10, and LabVIEW 2015 SP1 (32-bit), while my home PC has Windows 10, Office 2013, but LabVIEW 2016.  I'm home, so decided to try it here.

Then I realized "The Question was Wrong".  The "correct" question is "Why did NI put this Example out there when you can do the same thing with four functions using the Report Generation Toolkit?".

Exccel Write Table.pngI'm also attaching the Excel file it created (which mimics the Table on the Front Panel).  Took me about 5 minutes to code (and test) this ...

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,576 Views)

Hi Bob,

it means that, you have no issue when executing this vi?

I'm wondering, if i have to reinstall LV or Office..

Regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,556 Views)

Hi All,

I have reinstalled LabVIEW 2015 SP1, unfortunately didn't help anything.
I have created small vi, just to localize the root cause.

Error -2147312566 didn't occurs while i have pointed  Excel._Application ref to version 1.8 (Excel 2013).

But Error 3005 occurs, mentioned that:
Error 3005 occurred at Automation Open: Object specified is not creatable in Test_ReadExcelVersion.vi

Test_ReadExcelVersion.png

2016-09-12 10_01_36-office15.png
Is there anything i forgot? any idea why i can't call Microsoft Excel 15.0 Object Library Version 1.8?

This is what i have on registry.
regedit_excel2013.png
Everything seems to be fine. If someone has an idea, i would like to know it... Thanks so much!

Regards,
Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,548 Views)

Well, just small update.

Eventhough i have selected "Createable Objects Only", old error re-occured again.
error2.png
Still no idea why.

Any help would be very very appreciated!

Regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,542 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rajamodol

Well,

Case closed!
I have repaired Excel 2013 (It is actually MS Office 365ProPlus).
Somehow, office updated itself and probably leads to some conflict.. no idea what. But, after repaired it, seems all back to normal.

Calling the following exampe, generates no error!

Thanks All!
Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,533 Views)

Sorry you had to figure it out yourself - but thanks for posting the solution in case anyone else has the issue!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,517 Views)

Hi Bill,

that's part of the game... 😉

Regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,502 Views)

How did you solve the problem? I have exactly the same issue...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,703 Views)