LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 20333 occurs only when running as executable.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having an issue where my collection program won't run when it is opened as a built executable application. When I run the VI by itself, I have no errors occur. When it is opened through the exe, I receive error 20333: Cannot align two waveforms with same dt if their samples are not clocked in-phase. 

Why would this occur in the exe version but not the VI version? I am stumped on how this is occurring and how to go about finding out/fixing it.

The build log file and configuration files are attached if those would be helpful.

Thanks, AJ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,890 Views)

Looking at your ini file I see:

RTTarget.ApplicationPath=U:\LabVIEW Data\Remote Development\startup.rtexe
RTTarget.VIPath=U:\LabVIEW Data\Remote Development

What is the target?

You may (most likely did) have found this bug

Bug.png

which uses a 2e-7 constant that might not be target specific

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,870 Views)

Thanks for your response. I have found that section within the Align and Resample vi, but I'm not sure what to do about that/how to fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,830 Views)

OK, lets do this

1. Place a conditional boolean probe on the output of less than.  Set it to break when the value is false
  2. place Probes on every wire that isn't a constant inside that For Loop.
  3. place a probe on the waveform array into the For Loop

Show us the probe values when the VI breaks.

For anyone playing along with the game "Is Jeff's Eight-Ball working?" look in the spoiler

Spoiler
Waveforms in is an empty array 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,825 Views)

While I am able to open up the Align and Resample express vi, it is not allowing me to place probes. Is there a setting somewhere that will allow me to do so?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,818 Views)

Ctrl +I to open the VI Property dialog

Execution Page> Enable Debugging

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,814 Views)

VI properties, "Execution" category, enable "Allow debugging" as well as switching it to "non-reentrant execution" so that it only has one copy in memory so you can pre-probe before running.  Repeat for SubVIs.  Don't save the changes though, as these SubVIs are LabVIEW system files.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,811 Views)

I can change the VI properties of the Align/Reample vi, but I cannot make any changes to SubVIs within it. (See attached picture).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,794 Views)

Anyway, to get back to my original problem. I think Jeff was hinting at one of my waveforms that I am trying to align isn't actually a waveform at all, but a scalar value (A sound pressure level (SPL) value that is calculated once per loop iteration.)

I used to be able to do this without issue (see attached graph of previously collected data). The VI I posted originally still saved data is this manner, but now throws the 20333 error. I did not change anything with how data is collected, so I am unsure what changed to start causing this error.

I'm sure there is a better way to do this, I'm just not sure what it is.

Message 9 of 11
(3,788 Views)

@ajs814 wrote:

Anyway, to get back to my original problem. I think Jeff was hinting at one of my waveforms that I am trying to align isn't actually a waveform at all,

I'm sure there is a better way to do this, I'm just not sure what it is.

I think you are right.  and there may be reasons (errors...) that the waveform array is empty.  

Unfortunately, you are the only one with the code and hardware so, we can only point you at likely issues.  Those DDT's need to be inspected and the Ex.vi replaced with vi's.

Dynamic Data Types (DDT's) hide a lot of code that tries to do what it thought you really meant.  I've heard Jeff K say Globals were the worst mistake he made in LabVIEW.  DDTs must not have been his idea.

Message 10 of 11
(3,779 Views)