From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -20080 quadratic programming

Hi Jim,
       Thanks for your reply. Modified vi that you have sent is in LV8.2 .Can you send me the modified vi which works in LV8?

-sai
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(888 Views)
Message 12 of 15
(887 Views)
Hi,
        For a given set of values the matlab Quadprog function is  working fine and giving the optimized output where as for the same values the Quadratic programming vi is giving me the following error
            "error 20080 occured at no initial feasible solution found
             Possible reason(s):
             Analysis:Time increment must be atleast greater than the (window length)/16"

Im not understanding why it is giving error in labview. Is the algorithm used in both is same? I m also not understanding that line in the analysis [ Time increment >(window length)/16]
Im also attaching the wrapper of quadratic programming vi with values in it set as default values.

Regards,
Sai
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(844 Views)
Hi,

After running Jim's code, everything works perfectly fine.  I've noticed many changes between your VI to Jim's.  Have you tried implementing your algorithm with Jim's code?  The reason as to why you are getting the error is because LabVIEW cannot find a feasible solution with the input clusters you specified.  It is hard to say whether the algorithm's are different between the two programming languages- it may be wrong settings or the algorithms may be indeed different.  Let me know how Jim's code goes and if you are still getting problems.

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(800 Views)
Hi Nadim,
           Jim's code was working fine. I followed his instructions and made another  vi. Again this started giving me the error that I have mentioned earlier(but working fine with matlab quadprog command).

-Sai
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(795 Views)