LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1073 (property available only in edit mode) when I think my vi IS in edit mode

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an Alphabetize.vi utility method that is a class member.  The VI alphabetizes the contents of a type def'd cluster using scripting.  The type def'd cluster is also a member of the same class. When I call Alphabetize.vi, I get error 1073:

Capture.PNG

As far as I can tell, the type def IS in edit mode.  (When I open the type def ctl file and select Operate, I only have the option to switch to "Customize Mode", which implies that I'm in edit mode.)  The type def's cluster is a part of my class's private data, which I have confirmed is also in edit mode.  However, when I remove the type def from my class's private data, I don't get error 1073 when I run Alphabetize.vi.

Is this a bug or an expected behavior?  I'm not understanding why adding the type def to class private data suddenly makes LabVIEW think the type def is in edit mode.

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,183 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author croohcifer

When a member of a class is executing the class is locked.

When you moved the ctl outside the class, it was no longer being locked and your code can run.

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 3
(3,171 Views)

D'oh, that makes sense.  I moved the Alphabetize method out of the class, and that solved the problem.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
(3,159 Views)