From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1003 when loading subpanel VI in build application (VI not executable)

Error 1003 loading subpanel VI in build application (VI not executable). I referenced all supanel VI callers in my build app. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,062 Views)

Hello,

I have found the following Knowledge Based Article that talks about solutions to this error. As you will see in it, there are a number of causes so it is quite possible that it is just one small thing that you are missing.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/705C2ECA081F3C7986256C0F00559B02?OpenDocument

Let me know if this helps or not.

Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,052 Views)

Thanks for your reply!! I tried a few things I found online including the article you posted...this unfortunately did not solve my problem. Through some trial and error process I found the issue was with my build properties in the advanced section shown below.

I had to check LabVIEW8.x file layout to allow the subpanel VI to load into my main app. I didn't think to check this cuz my code was developed in version 2010. I'm guesssing some of the callers where originally created in older versions and needed the the LabVIEW8 file layout, even though all my source code is compiled in version 10. If you think I might be wrong on this assumption let me know.

P

Message 3 of 4
(3,043 Views)

Thanks 3r532.  Enabling Use LabVIEW 8.x file layout fixed this for me.

I think it was something to do with a naming conflict with dynamic dispatch VIs.

Lewis Gear CLA
LabVIEW UAV

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,810 Views)