From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1 at Generate User Event

Solved!
Go to solution

I don't see where you are handling the event in your code.  You have code that generates the events, but the event structure hasn't had the cases setup for those user events yet.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(625 Views)

Look at the vi called 'Sequence'. I am trying to generate the event in one VI (Black Hole Control) and handle it in another (Sequence).

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(623 Views)

So, I see where you kick off the Sequence VI to run, but you never pass the Event refnum to the VI (Process: Begin).

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(614 Views)

OK, I added a reference item to the valves object and stored the event reference there in the Black Hole Control VI (Image 1a), then I added a register state to the Sequence VI to register the reference with the event structure (Image 2a). I still get no response from the event structure when I generate a user event. The only thing I can think of now is that there may be a timing issue. Could that be the case?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(595 Views)