LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote (LabVIEW) vs Local Control of an Agilent N9020A Spectrum Analyzer

I have developed a VI to provide LabVIEW 2011 SP 1 control of an Agilent N9020A Series MXA spectrum analyzer on a GPIB network with a GPIB-USB-HS interface.  During operation, I would like to be able to pause the VI and switch to local control (N9020A instrument front panel control) for making "on-the-fly" measurements.  After these "on-the-fly" measurements are completed, I would like to resume the LabVIEW VI back at the point where it was exited.  I have not found any Agilent LabVEIW drivers or functions which performs these operations (switch from LabVIEW remote control to instrument local control and vice versa).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,709 Views)

There should be a SCPI command to put the instrument in Local mode. Once you do in your VI, display pop-up button which would wait until the user clicks OK button when they are ready to continue on with the LabVIEW program.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,706 Views)

That is actually a GPIB control line that you need to play with.  Look at this function: VISA GPIB Control REN

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,700 Views)