LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epos initialisation

Hello,

I'm trying to enable an epos2 motor driver with labview visa but I can't find the right command to send. I tried the "1103 6040 0000 000F E8F2" hexadecimal command but that doesn't work. I think something is wrong with my OpCode but I can't figure out what it is. Could you help me please

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,206 Views)

Post some code.

Changes are you're sending ASCII data, while you should be sending binary data. But that's just a guess... Is the string set to hex display when you see that data? It should be.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,196 Views)

Hi,

there is a wonderful set of LabVIEW VIs for the EPOS2 Positioning Controller on the Maxon Motor Website.

I used it some month ago. Very nice!

Regards

Kay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,184 Views)

i send hexadecimal data and that works fine with the "1001 2003 0201 A888" code (it's an example given in the documentation), so I guess my code i good. I think I should translate the binary data into hexadecimal data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,177 Views)

I Know it, but it doesn't work with the cRIO and I can't buy a can open module.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,174 Views)

@david.bsdr wrote:

i send hexadecimal data and that works fine with the "1001 2003 0201 A888" code (it's an example given in the documentation), so I guess my code i good. I think I should translate the binary data into hexadecimal data.

Most things look OK in this VI. I'd make it a lot smaller, more compact. I'd also show the string constant's display style, as you're mixing hex and normal string displays. 

It doesn't show the actual Command you're sending.

I am no epos expert, first time I heard from it, but I'd say the protocol most likely sends 4 words for each command. Your command sends 5 words. Probably the data is a flattened U\I32? You'll need to change it to a U\I16.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,170 Views)