From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Envelope of an waveform is in XY graph and need it in waveform graph

Solved!
Go to solution
This one should be a little closer to what you want. I figure out the frequency of the waveform to calculate the envelope. I am not sure where the 30 came from either. I am measuring the period for the frequency and using that as my input to calculate the envelope. We get a much better fit this way.
Tim
GHSP
Message 11 of 25
(1,334 Views)

Frequency is 13.56 MHz.

From the oscilloscope i read the waveform data using drivers for the scope. That part is not a problem for me. I got the waveform that i attached as input in my above post.

1) From the old set of drivers, the waveform obtained is Amplitude vs no. of samples. Your example XY Envelopes from waveform.vi worked perfectly for that. Also for 2500 points, it is perfect. And if I change the resolution (ie increase the number of samples) from 2500 to 2M, it will not work, since we need to change the input to the for loop which you gave 30 previously, which needs to be changed and which i need to understand. oops am i confusing here?

2) Leave the first part, now we are going to work only with the latest drivers. So the waveform obtained from the scope will now has amplitude vs time only. A sample waveform i attached in my previous post vi. How to plot the envelope for this waveform and then once we got the envelope we can then use the same one to measure the value of t1.

Thanks a lot for looking into this.

Please post and ask me with more questions, if my answers are not sufficient.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,333 Views)
I have tried to simplify what we are doing and I think this one should work with any frequency and ammount of data assuming that I will get a few sine wave to calculate the period.
Tim
GHSP
Message 13 of 25
(1,327 Views)

Dear aeastet,

First of all thanks a lot for your continuous support.

Your vi works like a charm for the previous waveform as i mentioned in the vi. But when i run the same with the current waveform, the vi reports memory full error.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(1,320 Views)
Now I understand what you are looking for try this.
Tim
GHSP
Message 15 of 25
(1,312 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Mathan
Use this one instead. I adjusted the peak value on the top to adjust for the offset caused by the shift of the sine wave. You will see that is much closr to the real curve now.
Tim
GHSP
Message 16 of 25
(1,302 Views)
All i can say is Vow..... Smiley Happy I love you so much. Smiley Wink Eventhough i am working in LabVIEW for more than 2 years am still learning new things daily. I got a lot of inputs from You, David and Thomas in regard with this waveform processing. Thanks a lot. As i told before i will now close this thread by marking solution and kudos to all.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(1,293 Views)

Dear aeastet,

There are no problems when i ran the program lot of times. But for a certain waveform obtained from the oscilloscope the 5% of the rising edge is not correct due to the envelope of the waveform. Kindly see the attached file. Any method to solve this problem?

Thanks again,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(1,268 Views)
I have a meeting right now. I will fix this as soon as I get back in about an hour from when I sent this message. It should be realitvely easy.
Tim
GHSP
Message 19 of 25
(1,258 Views)
Thanks a lot very much. Eagerly waiting for your reply. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(1,256 Views)