cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit a .vi within .LLB

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a bunch of .VIs in a library that I got from an SDK, and I have to edit a few of the VI's. I can open the VI and view the block diagram, but when I right-click on things or try to edit it, it doesn't let me. Is it possible to make this VI editable?

Here are some more details on the problem.

In a larger program, I call GetTemperature.vi, but within GetTemperature.vi, there is another VI (U32 To Error Code Enum.vi) that is missing because it previously referred to the 64-bit version of "U32 to Error Code Enum.vi". I need to change it to the 32-bit version. I got the 32-bit version from the SDK, but I just need to replace the 64-bit version with the 32-bit version. So, I open up the block diagram and right-click to hit "replace", but all it gives me as an option is "Breakpoint." I can't change any of the wiring, add or remove any functions, or any other kind of editing.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,262 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author urlmichael

I solved this issue by replacing the whole GetTemperature.vi with one that wasn't messed up, but I'm still interested in how to edit a .vi within a .LLB, and am wondering why I couldn't edit the subVI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,257 Views)
Is the llb marked as read only?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,252 Views)

Probably.

Where would I be able to find out if it's read-only? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,244 Views)
In Windows Explorer.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,238 Views)

If you mean by right-clicking it, going to "Properties", and checking the box, then no, it isn't read-only

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,233 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author urlmichael

Ctrl+I (Vi Properties)

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 7 of 9
(4,231 Views)

@urlmichael wrote:

Probably.

Where would I be able to find out if it's read-only? 

In Windows Explorer, right-click on the llb and select Properties.  There will be a Read-Only check box.  Make sure that is unchecked.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,226 Views)

AH! Looks like it is!

Thanks everybody for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,222 Views)