LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy question: is it possible to copy an indicator or a control from the main Front Panel to the main Front Panel?

This means I don't want to create a new control or indicator in the Block Diagram; just want to control or check the same function from different positions in the Front Panel (this is because my Front Panel is very large)

More over, where can I find help to learn how to edit the appearence of the Front Panel?

Thank u
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,419 Views)
If your front panel is so large that the user has to scroll up/down, left/right to see everyting, it's probably too large. As a rule of thumb, I design a front panel so it fits an 800/600 screen. Things like the tab control, pop-up subVIs, and sub-panels make this possible. I would suggest you start with Chapter 6 of the LabVIEW Development Guidlines (Help>Search to LabVIEW Bookshelf).

Using the same indicator on different scrolled locations is possible because you can programatically move it but it's pretty involved to get screen position, etc, and move something back and forth.
Message 2 of 6
(3,419 Views)

I have a modified question for the same issue. I'd like to have the same indicator at 2 different locations on the Front Panel, each on a different tab. This is to avoid duplicating an idicator.

Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,151 Views)

Two ways to do this.

1) Use one indicator that is OVER the tab control but NOT any of pages. If you have more than two pages you will have to to hide when on the other pages.

2) Similar to #1 above but you customize the control by modifying the digital display to look like the contro litself so you have two control that are the same control.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 6
(3,146 Views)
I missed to clarify that the indicator is not only in 2 different tabs but also in 2 different locations of the screen display.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,138 Views)

I think it's easier to duplicate a control than to do some tricks with Visible property On/Off depending on the selected tab and so on.

Just make two controls and wire to both of them when data changes. No more, no less...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,135 Views)