LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to control MDrive17 Motor through Labview

Hi All,

Iam using Mdrive17 Motor .The Mdrive company has given their software called IMS terminal. If i type this commands

"?MR 90000"  through IMS Terminal, i can able to control the motor rotation. For verifying  this , i tried in Hyper terminal, Its

working.But when i tried in Labview using Serial read and write , iam not able to control the motor. But it works in Hyper

terminal and the software which is provided with Motor.

Iam getting the error "  Error -1073807298 occurred at VISA Write in Basic Serial Write and Read.vi" 
Possible reason(s):
VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF003E) Could not perform operation because of I/O error.

Iam setting the following for serial

Bit rate : 9600
data Bit : 8
Parity : None
Stop Bit : 1
Flow Control : Xon /Xoff

Please help me

Regards
Ganesh Babu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,333 Views)
I worked with one of those and looking at the config file I can see that at least in my case the flow control is set to none. The protocol itself is described in the manual.

(4,327 Views)

Hi tst,

I did nt find any details for programming in Labview. In Manual , the commands are mentioned. Can u send me the labview code to read the data from motor or write data to Motor. r u using this motor. In Manual, it explains about the IMS Terminal,but not using Labview.

If u have any notes or material,Send it to ganeshbabuks@yahoo.co.in

Regards

Ganesh Babu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,320 Views)
I can't send you the code, but I believe the serial write and read example should work if you make sure you add a CRLF constant to the end of each command you send. In the manual I have, the protocol and commands are explained in page 52 and later. To send a slew command, for instance, you send "SL %d \r\n", where %d is the speed, \r is a CR and \n is a LF.

(4,312 Views)
Hi tst,

I have tried as u mentioned. Then also iam not able to get . Have u got the same problem. How u solved. Please help me to finish this problem.

Iam getting the Error "Could not perform operation because of I/O error"

Regards
Ganesh Babu
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,291 Views)

I don't remember having specific problems with communicating with it. If you can do it in Hyperterminal, you should be able to use the same settings to do it in LabVIEW. Just make sure you use the exact same settings and that you append a CRLF.

If you tried that and it still didn't help, you should upload your code. We might be able to see something in it.

(4,284 Views)
Also, if that doesn't help, maybe this user can post their code.

(4,283 Views)
Dear Ganesh,

I confirmed that there are no NI certified instrument drivers for any Intelligent Motion Systems motors.  You may find 3rd party (not supported by NI) drivers on the web, but I did not.  It seems that your best bet is to use basic serial VIs, as you have been, to communicate with the MDrive 17 from LabVIEW.

As you work through your issue, please start with the Basic Serial Write and Read.VI found in the LabVIEW Example Finder.  Help >> Find Examples... >> Browse according to task >> Hardware Input and Output >> Serial >> Basic Serial Write and Read.vi.  It is crucial that each VISA parameter in the VI exactly matches the motor's specifications.

Since you have had success with HyperTerminal, consider posting your .ht file.  From Hyper Terminal, File >> Save As >> <name and save the file>.  We can look at this file to see how HyperTerminal is communicating.  Please keep the thread abreast with your progress.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,262 Views)

Simple question.

Are you sure you have closed the serial port in Hyperterminal before trying to run the code in LabVIEW?  Or that the Motor software is closed out and shutdown?  The error sounds like the kind you get if a different application has the Com port open.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,251 Views)

Hi All,

I thank everybody for ur Valuable comments. i solved the problem. I still get errors but i can able to control the motor.

Thanks

Ganesh Babu

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,246 Views)