LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXE Build cant find .NET dlls and calls are broken after manually pointing to dlls.

Solved!
Go to solution

I thought it shows the currently installed versions, so if theyre both the same on a computer that is working and a computer that isn't I was hoping to rule that out...

I'm looking at the output from a dependency walker but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at other than a LOT of errors due to not being able to find a lot of dlls that seemed to be named like theyre runtime resources...

p27_0-1600698419056.png

(just a small clipping of what appears to be 100+)

but doing some research:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36240215/dependency-walker-missing-dlls

this is normal...

actually I ran this one:

https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies

the second link without the preview doesnt get flagged by AV...

there were some entries for missing MSVCR90.dll which is from the Visual C++ 2008 Redist package, so I downloaded and installed that.  Some of the missing items are gone from the list but there's still more...   same issue exists... gonna keep going down this rabbit hole...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(784 Views)

@p27 wrote:

I thought it shows the currently installed versions, so if theyre both the same on a computer that is working and a computer that isn't I was hoping to rule that out...

To be honest, I don't know.

Any change the developer of that assembly is around?

Guess if you could share it you would have?

Message 12 of 15
(780 Views)

If you installed the vendor's software on your own dev machine, it probably put the DLLs in system32 directory. Are you pointing to the DLLs there, or do you have a copy of them somewhere in your project directory and are pointing to the copy?

If possible, upload the code using the DLLs. Doesn't matter if it can run or not.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

Message 13 of 15
(773 Views)

I haven;'t heard back from the vendor yet... We'll see if they get back to me.

Also in reply to the other post the same vendor's installer has been run on both machines, and the vendor software works on both.  I can take a look in system32 but would be surprised if the installer did anything different...

edit: and yea I'm unable to share, sorry

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(769 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author p27

coworker figured it out, the api requires a .net config file like this post:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-configuration-file-net/td-p/3206680

I had skimmed over this earlier today but didn't try it...  turns out the examples that the api came with built a config file, so taking that built config file and dumping it in the root dir of the labview exe named as "<lv app name>.exe.config" fixed the issue.

thanks for the help, it was much appreciated!

Message 15 of 15
(765 Views)