LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to add a folder with sample data to labview installer

Solved!
Go to solution

I've put together a application installer for a project I'm working on.  I want to add a folder to the install with some sample data files.  Currently I've added a readme that tells the user to unzip a file included with the installer to a certain folder.  Is there a way to include this with the installer and automate the process? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,313 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jarad

First add any files that you want to include to the project. Then in the installer properties:

1. Use the destinations tab to add a folder if you want the sample files contained in their own folder.

2. On the source file page, expand "My Computer" and find the files in the project that you want to add.

3. Select the folder you want them to be located in on the right side and click the right arrow.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,306 Views)

@marc A wrote:

First add any files that you want to include to the project. Then in the installer properties:

1. Use the destinations tab to add a folder if you want the sample files contained in their own folder.

2. On the source file page, expand "My Computer" and find the files in the project that you want to add.

3. Select the folder you want them to be located in on the right side and click the right arrow.

I need to add an AVI file to my installer, so I  added this file to my project under "My Computer". Now when I do the step 2 above and expand "My Computer", this file does not show up there. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,283 Views)

Not sure. I just tried it with an AVI and it worked fine. It will show folders under My Computer, you may have to drill down to where the file is on your computer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,266 Views)

I got it - the project with new file needed to be saved, and even restarted. It works now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,252 Views)