LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Labview support BACnet protocol?

I have a plan to optimize the system having BACnet protocol. Can I use Labview to do my project?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,503 Views)
I don't know BACnet but I have searched the web with Google (keywords: bacnet opc) and I have found several hits for OPC servers for BACnet.

LabVIEW provides OPC client functionality through the DataSocket functions. There are also shipping examples available that demo the use of DataSocket with OPC.

So the answer is yes, you can use LabVIEW with BACnet. The easiest way is to install an OPCserver and access it with the DataSocket OPC client.

Regards,

Jochen Klier
Applications Engineering Group Leader
National Instruments Germany GmbH
Message 2 of 6
(7,503 Views)

And if you see yourself using IO points in excess of 40 or so, you may want to use the Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) add-on module for LabVIEW (instead of the DataSocket). This is because, DataSocket performance starts going down after certain number of points, whereas DSC is built for handling high number of IO points and it has a native in-built OPC Client.

Regards,

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,503 Views)

Dear All,

If someone want to integreate BACnet device into LabVIEW. I will support in this regard. Please contact to me.on mail ID (dj19pawar@gmail.com)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,303 Views)

Hello,

Can u please guide me how can i use OPC server to connect with any bacnet device for gathering the data like performing read property to read some analog value from the device.

Regards

Suyash

Student

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,383 Views)