LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export the y (amplitude) and x (sample, time) of a waveform chart

Hello,

I would like to export the y (amplitude) and x (sample, time) of a waveform chart from a picoscope pc oscilloscope into a txt file to be imported in two column (x,y) in Origin, Excel,....   if it is easy to export the y data ( 1D array of 16 bit Integer) using a function like write to spreadsheet file, I do not see how get the samples (x) data to create a 2D array combining the Amplitude (y) data and the samples (x)  to send to the Write To Spreadsheet.

See VI attached.

Ronan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,988 Views)

You can read x0 and dx (offset and multiplier) of the chart via a property node, then simply use a FOR loop to create the ramp for X. You can read the chart history for the Y data.

I am not sure I understand your VI. You only read new data in the outer loop, the reading subsets of it in the inner loop. Seems pretty pointless (of course I don't have any of your subVIs or documentation).

Why are you hiding the termination terminal of the outer loop? Vanity?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,980 Views)

Hello,

Ok, and in concrete terms, how to proceed ? see block diagram of my VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,972 Views)

What does all this have to do with Concrete? 😄

Something like that would take a snapshot of your chart data.

Of course it might make more sense to stream the data to a file as it is acquired. Open the file when the program starts, append xy data as you go, and close the file at the end.

If all this is too complicated for you, I recommend to do a few LabVIEW tutorials first.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,966 Views)

It works ! Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot

Ronan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,920 Views)