From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need Labview 2019 for Core 1 Training?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I was getting ready to start the Core 1 self paced training and it says one of the prerequisites is LV2019.  Due to company requirements, I can only install Labview 2018 SP1 on my computer.  Is this going to be an issue moving forward with the training materials?  I did a search for Core 1 v2015 but couldn't find anything.

Any help on this would be appreciated.  Looking forward to jumping into the training.

Thanks.

Wayne

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,182 Views)

Core 1 is very general and you should notice little if any difference. There might be some new function that gets presented, in which case you can ask us. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,172 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wayne_CSE

The only real issue I can think of is if they give you example programs that were saved in LabVIEW 2019.  You would then need the VIs down converted.  But the rest should be no issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(2,167 Views)

Looks like the conversion is going to be a problem.  The Knowledge Base article recommends posting the VI to a forum section and ask someone to down convert it for me. Just surprised NI would not provide VI's in previous versions or at least a conversion tool.  Seems like a lot to ask of people to convert, over time, a couple hundred VI's.

Is what it is I guess. Thanks for the replies.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,111 Views)

Hello, 

I am having the same issue. I have LV 2018 only. How did it workout for you?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,148 Views)