LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable and gray property node

Hello All,

I want to disable array indicator that nothing has influence on indicator.

FOr example, if I pressing switch on/off, array change values true/false.

But property node is set on disable.

How I can set property node, that indicator doesn't show values, changed by switch?

Vi in att.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,016 Views)

Disabling a control or an indicator simply means that you cannot interact with it by keyboard or mouse.

You can still set its value by code.

If you don't want change an indicator, simply don't write any value to it.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,008 Views)

You can put it in a case, and wire a Boolean to it's selector. Write in the true case, don't write in the false case.

Alternatively, always write values, but select the old values with a Select function. Get the old values from a shift register.

There are tons of ways to do this. The simple solutions suggested here might not be the best solutions in the long run. It depends a lot on the program you're making

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,996 Views)

Thanks on quick reply.

But as you said that's depends from program itself. That's why I want to use property node.

Can anyone give some solution with property nodes?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,990 Views)

As already said, you cannot lock an indicator using only a property node: you need some (simple) programming.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,987 Views)

@milan87 wrote:

But as you said that's depends from program itself. That's why I want to use property node.

Can anyone give some solution with property nodes?

You can use a property node to set (or not set) the value.

You can even use the disabled property, and when it's time to write the value (with a property node, if you must), skip this if the disabled property is set to disabled...

Do you mean you want to do this by reference? Please explain why you need to use a property node.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,983 Views)

Maybe you want something like this.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,980 Views)

This may be what you want. Use a property node to read the state of the indicator. If it is Disabled or Disabled and Greyed Out then do nothing. If it is Enabled write the value to the indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,967 Views)