From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between VI execution and executable.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a dynamic number of buttons within a cluster that I programmatically position on my front display based on the upper left position of the cluster.  When running in development mode, all is well and the cluster remains at that position after execution.  However, when the application is built, the buttons and the cluster get thrown to the left in a staggered fashion.  I've attached the zip file of the source.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,386 Views)

Your zip file is missing some typedef's for the controls.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,378 Views)

Just right click and disconnect from the typedef.  Both the cluster and the buttons.  It still fails in the same manner.  Thanks for looking into it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,302 Views)

If you did any error checking, you would see that at least one of the hidden properties you are using doesn't work in the executable.

Message 4 of 7
(3,294 Views)

@JTB wrote:

Just right click and disconnect from the typedef.  Both the cluster and the buttons.  It still fails in the same manner.  Thanks for looking into it.

Yeah.  I started to do that.  But there were a lot of them.  I got through them and then found there were dozens more hidden away that I couldn't get to in order to disconnect.

Sorry, but I can't help if you make it difficult or impossible to help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,285 Views)

Sorry, forgot about the typedefs for the buttons.  Here's the problem excluding all typedefs.  I also included a picture results of the VI running compared to the results of the .exe file running.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,256 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JTB

I think the solution is very simple, and would have been more obvious except for the fact that you "hid" the offending code by using a Stacked Sequence (please, never use a Stacked Sequence).

In the "invisible" Case 0 and Case 2 of the Stacked Sequence, you write to the scripting Property AutoSize.  This property, in Execution Mode, is a Read-Only Property.  In general, any Property Node with the light-blue coloring that designates a Scripting Property, should (probably) not be in code that is intended for building as an Executable.

Bob Schor

Message 7 of 7
(3,248 Views)